2008 NHL Playoffs

I pulled myself out of the running when I blew the first pick round. I have to cheer for the Red Wings and Pens though. ;)

Huh? I seem to remember you winning after the first round.

hmm, lots of points up for grabs.
Wings in 6, 28 goals
Pens in 7, 35 goals

Dte, I missed one of the picks on the list, and then missed the second round totally. I edited my picks after a few games had been played and just figured I would watch the results from then on. Only fair way to do it I think. Otherwise anyone could wait for the series to be half over and add in their picks. ;)

I missed most of the first, but (on internet radio, at least) it sounded like a pretty thorough beatdown. Another GWG for Mule and another monster hit for Kronner. Whooda thunk, given where we were a couple years ago, that we'd be trumpeting about how opponents can't keep up with our team speed?

too late for me to give goal totals since they already played first.

I guess so for me too..I wasn't paying attention.

The Wings are 8-0 since I started my playoff beard. I hate this thing and it looks like crap, but...8-0....

I shave daily, that's why I'm losing. The frightening thought is Cm with a beard!!!! :)

A 2-1 victory for Detroit who was without their leading playoff scorer for the game.

As far as this series against the Dallas Stars is concerned...remember that line from The Matrix when Agent Smith says to Neo,

"You hear that Mr. Anderson?... That is the sound of inevitability..."

You think Ribiero gets a suspension for his stupidity?

There's a few problems with that argument. First, Ozzy's whack happened before the horn, while Ribeiro's chop happened after. Second, Ribeiro picked up a match penalty (which automatically kicks the issue to Toronto) while Ozzy didn't even get 2 minutes. Last, if you're going to hammer Ozzy for his unpenalized whack, then that opens the door for hammering Turco for his unpenalized punches to Homer's head.

I'm betting Ribeiro gets a hefty fine, Ozzy gets a small fine, and Turco gets a quiet finger-wag. Dallas can't cry about losing a star, Dallas can't cry about Ozzy getting a free pass, Detroit can't cry about Ribby getting a free pass. The media can't cry too much about conspiracies or (at the other end of the spectrum) shameful inaction. It's the cleanest way for the league to extract themselves from the cowpie.

Good points dte, I think Ribeiro made a big mistake by doing that anyways. The Redwings are already fired up as it is, I think they're going to take some extra emotion into game 3 now.

Before this series started I expected it to go 6 games, but the way it looks now I would be very surprised if it goes more than 5.

I think Detroit will definitely win at least one of the next 2 games in Dallas if not both.

The Wings and the Penguins are on a collision course and nothing is going to stop them.

You know what really stinks? I leave for Hawaii next Saturday(24th) for 2 weeks. I'm going to miss most, if not all of the Cup Finals depending on when it starts!

They have TV in Hawaii!! :) Unless you're going there by sea!!

They have TV in Hawaii!! :) Unless you're going there by sea!!

The problem is that because of the 6 hour time difference the games will start at 2:00-3:00 pm over there. We have a very busy schedule during the day and just about every day is pretty much planned out. :-/

Back
Top Bottom