George Floyd Has An Extensive Criminal History

Ok, sure, he could be racist against blacks but not Asians, fair enough.

Still, one of the other 3 cops now charged with aiding and abetting murder, Alexander Kueng, is actually black. Did he do it because of racism too?

So only if all involved had a racist motivation the whole thing is actually a racist incidence?

There's simply just zero evidence, and really not even any particularly good reason to believe, that the incident had anything to do with the victim being black. It's a narrative that people just fabricated (maybe they're psychologically projecting?) and ran with.
I'll give yout hat it is hard to proof, and that the reasons may have been different ones. Or at least, the reasons may be more than just obvious racism, and also involve lack of training, frustration with the job, lack of empathy, or a general disregard for human life. Probably a mixture if you ask me. Which does not mean that the narrative is a fabrication, implying intent to create a false narrative. Not to mention that public protests are not a court of law. And they can't be that. Would you expect people to wait for the involved officers to be convicted? You wouldn't even see charges without public pressure.

Other than that, the narrative stems from the long and well documented history of increased police violence against black people. Your earlier idea that the protesters should rather oppose police violence in general disregards that completely. Sure, all unwarranted police violence should be opposed. But racism and other systematic biases are a significant part of that, as one root cause. And luckily, people can protest against more than one thing at the same time.

Last edited:
So only if all involved had a racist motivation the whole thing is actually a racist incidence?
No, the point there is more like…if the main cop's motivations stemmed from him being racist against blacks, you would think the black cop working with him would have done something about it - he had all the time in the world to do so. He didn't think there was a problem. If the claim is that the main cop killed the victim because he was black, why would a black guy aid and abet the killing? Realistically, it makes no sense. It's a cop problem, not a racism problem.

Why are you trying to proof a negative? You can't. ;)

It's a cop problem that happens unfortunately very frequently to black people. Which is what the protests are about.

And I think that sums it up right there, which is part of what you said, too, Stingray. It is a cop problem, which is further exacerbated by the stinking layer of rotten onion on top that is bigotry. It doesn't just halpen to black folks, but it sure does happen to them more often and often to a worse degree.

And to answer your previous question:

Ok, sure, he could be racist against blacks but not Asians, fair enough.

Still, one of the other 3 cops now charged with aiding and abetting murder, Alexander Kueng, is actually black. Did he do it because of racism too?

Not likely. He likely did it because of The Thin Blue Line. Now, I have no doubt a thin blue line is necessary. (Please note the lack of caps the second time.) A police force is a necessary evil. You can't have a society without one, and I know, probably better than most, that being a cop is a tough job for a wide array of reasons.

The Thin Blue Line I am talking about is the political movement within police departments across our country that turns the public, whom they're supposed to be serving, into the enemy of the police, an attitude which has spilled out into some of the public. Maybe you know someone with one of the posters hanging in their basement or garage. I've seen them before, a hallmark of the militarization of our civilian police forces that I have watched ramp up exponentially my whole life, since I was 19 years old picking up police reports in between writing obituaries.

When you saw video of police herding reporters with pepper rounds and no warning, that's your Thin Blue Line. And when you saw those cops push back the only man talking sense as George Floyd's life was indifferently squeezed from him, that's your Thin Blue Line. Fuck their Thin Blue Line.

No, not at all. We're just pro-freedom and believe people should, largely, be able to make those choices for themselves in this case. Nothing is stopping you from staying in your house if that's what you want to do. You shouldn't have the right to force that opinion/decision on the rest of us - it's authoritarianism, plain and simple. I'm sure you disagree, that's fine, just explaining to you how many of us see it, since it seems you aren't at all aware.
I understand that, but the requirement to stay at home is not just to protect you, it is to protect others. So if you are infected, but don’t know it, you don’t go exercising your ‘freedom’ and unwillingly infect others.
The same reason why you need to wear a face mask in some situations. It is not just for you, it is very much also to protect others from you, if you are infected but don’t know it yet.

7396.jpg

I understand that, but the requirement to stay at home is not just to protect you, it is to protect others. So if you are infected, but don’t know it, you don’t go exercising your ‘freedom’ and unwillingly infect others.
The same reason why you need to wear a face mask in some situations. It is not just for you, it is very much also to protect others from you, if you are infected but don’t know it yet.
Right, and it's your opinion that this particular situation is severe enough to merit impinging on other people's fundamental rights (in the USA, rights guaranteed by the Constitution). Many others disagree. Freedoms, whether religious, financial, personal, or whatever, are why many of our ancestors left Europe and the nanny-state folks are still over there :lol:

According to the world happiness report the freedom of making life choices is ranked higher in those nanny-states, as you call them, than it is in the USA. So apparently if you want freedom, it is those nanny-states where you should be.

In the 2020 report from that organization, the USA actually ranks higher than most of western Europe. The UK, France, Belgium, Spain, Italy, and Greece are all ranked lower on "freedom of making life choices" - some of them much, much lower ;) But anyway, it's a poll…and it doesn't surprise me that not everyone in the USA values the same freedoms these days, nor that many people in Europe are satisfied with what's going on over there.

(source: p48-50 of https://happiness-report.s3.amazonaws.com/2020/WHR20_Ch2_Statistical_Appendix.pdf )

It's heartening to see a staunch freedom fighter in support of suppressing protests.

I can only assume you're referring to me. If you read back over the thread, I think you'll find that nowhere did I say I was in favor of suppressing any protests. If I did, then you must have misunderstood what I wrote. (Let me know and I'll clear it up)

I am against the hypocrisy of requiring "social distancing" but then not applying it to protesters. Actually, I'm against mandatory "social distancing" to begin with - due to my support of personal freedom. So that's how I'd solve it, personally, which creates no issues with protests.

Though I don't believe I mentioned it in the thread, I am in favor of suppressing rioting, looting, and vandalism - but those aren't things anybody's ever had the right to do, or should have the right to do.

Oh, my sarcasm was definitely going over board with respect to suppression.

But given your remarks on fabricated narratives and racism, I'm getting the very strong impression that you're not a fan of the protests.

Which makes me suspect that the social distancing issue is only a flanking maneuver.

Oh, my sarcasm was definitely going over board with respect to suppression.

But given your remarks on fabricated narratives and racism, I'm getting the very strong impression that you're not a fan of the protests.

Which makes me suspect that the social distancing issue is only a flanking maneuver.
No problem with legit protests, but if they're supposed to be about the George Floyd incident then it'd make more sense to focus on cop misconduct - which affects people of all races regularly. Plus, it's needlessly polarizing to essentially accuse the country of being racist over an incident that may not even be race-related (nobody knows except Derek Chauvin). But being needlessly polarizing is nothing new for activists on all sides.

No problem with legit protests,
You mean, as long as they are peaceful? Fair enough then.

but if they're supposed to be about the George Floyd incident then it'd make more sense to focus on cop misconduct - which affects people of all races regularly. Plus, it's needlessly polarizing to essentially accuse the country of being racist over an incident that may not even be race-related (nobody knows except Derek Chauvin). But being needlessly polarizing is nothing new for activists on all sides.

The protests are not merely about the murder of George Floyd. Police brutality may affect all races regularly, but it affects specific races disproportionately. The race-focus of the protest is an immediate result of that systematic bias.

Didn't he already solved the opioïd crisis and secured the middle east?

Drumpf really know how to chose the right man for the right taskkk. :biggrin:

What the English settlers did is in the past. We can't change the past. We're not even English settlers. We've very much become our own countries.

Well, my Northern Ireland example is hardly lost in the mists of time. The Provisional IRA formed in the 1970s in response to brutality by the police and military. It became essentially a paramilitary civil war that ran right through to the 90s (with the peace arrangements still fragile) and anyone in uniform was a marked man. One of my relatives was nearly killed in one bombing. If you think that people who feel oppressed are going to accept that they just ought to submit to the authorities or accept being roughed up, I’m afraid that ain't how things work.

Here is a lady more passionately stating what I was saying about the social contract last week. Now, you can refute that perspective or you can mock it, but, if you ignore it, life can become very grim indeed. I brought up the Northern Ireland troubles because I think it illustrates that many communities facing such conditions would have proceeded to the revenge stage a long time ago.

Yeah the protests are about racism and it really does exist, however there is exactly zero evidence that the George Floyd incident had anything to do with racism. It's a fabricated narrative.

I think the key point is that police conduct has become so prone to the phrase that @Capt. Huggy Face; mentioned from the definition of 3rd degree murder: “depraved indifference.”

One could say that the first order problem is that the police have become something of a law unto themselves, and are dispensing unlawful degrees of violence with impunity. The second order problem is that the impact falls disproportionately on minorities, whose systematic oppression (segregated till the 70s) is again hardly a matter of ancient history. So, one can rarely be certain that a given incident is specifically racist in motivation, rather than just an example of “depraved indifference.” What we have is a particularly graphic incident that has become emblematic, as it featured a daylight murder of another black man. But, that doesn’t mean we can be sure this officer’s motivation was racist – it might well be case of that general callousness and police culture. Yet its shamelessness is the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

No, not at all. We're just pro-freedom and believe people should, largely, be able to make those choices for themselves in this case. Nothing is stopping you from staying in your house if that's what you want to do. You shouldn't have the right to force that opinion/decision on the rest of us - it's authoritarianism, plain and simple. I'm sure you disagree, that's fine, just explaining to you how many of us see it, since it seems you aren't at all aware.

During the war, Londoners were required not to shine light at night, including compulsory blackout blinds, so as not to assist the targeting of enemy bombers. No Christmas lights, no Menorah in the window for Hanukkah. I really don’t think that’s a case of authoritarian infringements on religious or general liberty – it was clearly rationally justified by the extraordinary conditions.

A study just came out from Imperial College, estimating that 3 million lives might have been saved in Europe due to lockdowns. That’s the degree of seriousness the scientific community is warning of, and I'd say it very clearly justifies wartime-like, extraordinary, vital restrictions. I think it’s a very good instinct to be wary of authoritarianism, but I think it’s wildly misdirected in this case.

Last edited:
When I look at how they behave internally - re-education camps, openly disappearing dissidents and journalists, forbidding criticism and troublesome literature
In the act.
The american system uses re education camps: one solution for police officers is to be sent through training programs etc so they could learn the proper ways. Same for clerks etc
It tells that actually police officers as members of a society do not hold common values, they must be taught not to discriminate, it does not stem from a common background.
Absence of discrimination on this or that criterion is not a value, it is a professional requirement, they are paid not to do it.

To make dissidents disappear comes with one requirement: having dissidents. Having dissidents and when there are dissidents, they might be or not be empowered by a foreign entity, changing the perspective on risks attached to dissidence.
Same for criticism.

There is no dissidence, no criticism for the american system, the american system thrives by destroying any other system of governance. Once there is only one, the choice is solved.

And this will be demonstrated once again through police action: coming back in ten years, there would have been black people in the US killed in very dubious situations. Racism is essential to the american system, it cant part from it.

Which makes so called dissidence, so called criticism easy to digest, it brings no change, essential things are kept unmoved.

Back
Top Bottom