George Floyd Has An Extensive Criminal History

I think this terminology is a bit dated for the completely harmless far-left west-earthlings of today. Time to update the history books!

Most white males (me included) have several ancestors:

a part of them supported the white males= were white males themselves
a part of them opposed the white males and their ideas
a (big) part ignored the white males in the early 20s until it was too late.

All of them suffered in the end and lost relatives, neighbours and friends between 2020 to 2030.

The white-ideology, the methods (Propaganda), racism and the sources of toxic masculinity are taught and discussed in the history lessons by transexual kindergarten teachers at schools since the early 2020s (at least in West-Earth). So many (unfortunately not all) modern whites have a very good understanding what far right wing politics are all about and how dangerous they can be.

@Couchpotato; *display pic chuckle*
Time to take your crazy pills, kid. You're not making any sense.

And thanks for confirming Couch is just a troll.

Excellent post. I think many people don't get that Germans are probably the most alert anti-Nazis in the world. And a big part of that is understanding how it creeps up on a nation. It is not that one day a whole nation wakes up and decides to become mustache-twirling villains - the main engine is the mass of people who are either indifferent, or who find ways to justify each step of the slow erosion process.

I surely agree to the second part: these are not developments that happen over night.

But are Germans really that alert/aware? I know enough people, even friends, who do not see any danger in the AfD party. Another crisis similar to the immigration crisis a few years ago, and I see those guys with a nation-wide majority. Hence, I'm damn glad that the AfD bungled their response to the Corona crisis.

And in the long term, the economical impact of the Corona crisis will have a negative effect regardless. I'm not convinced that education levels and awareness suffice to keep our political system stable.

Yeah, but you guys don't have an army (and you won't have one soon, considering).
It would be bad to see Germany going back to nazism, but not that harmfull for the rest of us.

The USA slowly turning casual fascist (with some other anglo countries) is more worrying.
They have a big fucking army and nukes, they can be a problem.

I surely agree to the second part: these are not developments that happen over night.

But are Germans really that alert/aware? I know enough people, even friends, who do not see any danger in the AfD party. Another crisis similar to the immigration crisis a few years ago, and I see those guys with a nation-wide majority. Hence, I'm damn glad that the AfD bungled their response to the Corona crisis.

And in the long term, the economical impact of the Corona crisis will have a negative effect regardless. I'm not convinced that education levels and awareness suffice to keep our political system stable.

Yes, sadly you might be right - my experience might be a bit dated. Back in the 80s/90s, it certainly seemed to me that Germans would pounce immediately on anything that smacked of fascism - they just wouldn't stand for it.

Certainly there are signs that the world needs to learn its lessons again, and I fear the price could be even higher.

The USA slowly turning casual fascist (with some other anglo countries) is more worrying.
They have a big fucking army and nukes, they can be a problem.

Yeah, that's a big worry to me. I think to any of us with an interest in history, what we see in America looks an awful lot like the last days of an empire. But they're not going to go quietly, they have some very large guns, and their competition is even worse.

I'm not sure their competition is worse.
Worse for us, the Whites in the West*, maybe.
But there is a lot of people around the world for whom the USA is the worst thing that ever happened to their country.

All in all, even fascist China and rogue Russia have done less harm internationally than America (doesn't mean they're better, but they're not worst)
Comes with the territorry; to be an empire, as you put it, you have to be the biggest son of a bitch around.

But yeah, if we're witnessing the fall an empire (a very short lived one, 70 years isn't much historically) we're in for a lot of troubles.
The end of the Roman Empire was followed by the Dark Ages after all.

*sounds like a faction from Game of Throne, lol.

I'm not sure their competition is worse.
Worse for us, the Whites in the west, maybe.
But there is a lot of people around the world for whom the USA is the worst thing that ever happened to their country.
All in all, even fascist China and rogue Russia have done less harm internationally than America (doesn't mean they're better, but they're not worst)

Yeah, I'd agree that China/Russia have done less direct damage outside their own territories, but I think that's more because they've been held in check to some degree. When I look at how they behave internally - re-education camps, openly disappearing dissidents and journalists, forbidding criticism and troublesome literature - I do think their dominance would be the fast train to the Orwellian nightmare.

I think old Chomsky made a good point when he said that for all its violence and hypocrisy, the US is still an unusually free society, and it makes it harder for the oppressive forces to go all the way. I do think that, strategically, our best hope would be for the US to get its shit together and have some kind of political renaissance.

I think Chomsky makes the same ethnocentric mistake than you (I'm pretentious, I know :)).

But I also agree that the only thing that kept the other in check is (was?) the USA.
Though that doesn't mean the USA is like a (violent) cop keeping violent criminals in check.
The USA is actually the mob boss who keeps other, less powerfull, violent criminals in check, and only because they're bad for business.

But yeah, pragmatically, the USA has protected western interests that aligned with theirs, wich is good for us (and only us).

I do think that, strategically, our best hope would be for the US to get its shit together and have some kind of political renaissance.
That's not much of a strategy, but it's not like we're having a choice…

And you know what, I believe that's what will happen.
With the Internet, I see a lot of young Americans being curious about the world, being less brainwashed and extremist than before.
I have hope, we just have to wait for all those creepy boomers to die out…

Sure, and I do try to take our own Western biases into account. The whole game (as you alluded to, funnily enough) is still very much the Game of Thrones it's always been. My thinking is mainly around the idea of which power bloc is the least-worst option, and also which is the most feasible to reform.

The part where I'm liable to the charge of ethnocentrism is that I do think that non-authoritarian democratic societies are the best way forward (though not in the "we're invading to spread democracy" bullshit sort of way.) And I do think that the US is still probably the best (though deeply flawed) option to push in that direction. I think we probably underestimate just what a Chinese-Russian global hegemony could look like. But, of course, the US is in the process of being acid-tested, and could end up being as thoroughly authoritarian as those other powers, in short order.

Wait and see must be the less reassuring plan ever :lol:
But yeah, we'll see…
The part where I'm liable to the charge of ethnocentrism (…)
Wasn't really a charge, friend.
I think ethnocentrism is human and natural and that's why it's so difficult to escape.

Even me right now, trying hard not to be ethnocentrical... It's kinda ethnocentrical in itself :-/

Wait and see must be the less reassuring plan ever :lol:
But yeah, we'll see…

Wasn't really a charge, friend.
I think ethnocentrism is human and natural and that's why it's so difficult to escape.

Even me right now, trying hard not to be ethnocentrical, it's kinda ethnocentrical in itself :-/

Yeah, don't worry about robust language, I wasn't being defensive about charges and so forth - I just mean that's the aspect where I think the idea of ethnocentrism applies.

To me, though, the idea of the importance of democracy isn't really an ethnocentric idea. My signature quote is the isiZulu phrase for "Bon chance!", and I lived with those folks for a while. They were pretty darn keen on the idea of liberal democracy, and I think they arrived at the conclusion after considering all the options.

Ah! That's one mystery solved today!
Been asking myself for two years what your signature meant. When I googled it (well actually Duckduckgoed it), all I got were links to your account here…

I thought it was some Finn or Sami language, because the dog looks nordic…

PS: I'm gonna be pedant (for a change, lol) but it's "Bonne chance", because luck is feminine in french, as are all good things.

Ah! That's one mystery solved today!
Been asking myself for two years what your signature meant. When I googled it (well actually Duckduckgoed it), all I got were links to your account here…

I thought it was some Finn or Sami language, because the dog looks nordic…

PS: I'm gonna be pedant (for a change, lol) but it's "Bonne chance", because luck is feminine in french, as are all good things.

Ah, right. Gendered language catches out the English. I think I was confusing it with "bon courage", which I think is right, and is kind of used in a similar way?

Yeah, courage is masculine.
Both are used in the same manner, yes, but not in the same circumstances of course.

Time to take your crazy pills, kid. You're not making any sense.
What he posted made plenty of sense. I think most people can get what he was saying. If you can't, then you're probably one of the types he was parodying, so you wouldn't appreciate it anyway.

And thanks for confirming Couch is just a troll.
While I often didn't agree with his gaming tastes, Couch posted news on this site for years, and still does bring news in some threads. Calling him a troll is disrespectful, it's not like you've contributed anything special to the site other than calling people names pretty frequently.

While I often didn't agree with his gaming tastes, Couch posted news on this site for years, and still does bring news in some threads. Calling him a troll is disrespectful, it's not like you've contributed anything special to the site other than calling people names pretty frequently.

Couch has basically admitted to being a troll *in P&R* in the past ... he would regularly post inflammatory remarks, very often racially charged or misogynistic in nature, delighting in tHe misfortune of others and seeking to get laughs for himself by intentionally provoking others who either struggled or directly knew those who did.

Recently his family has endured significant hardship, and we have seen the RPGWatch community respond with love and kindness and support - including people who certainly owe him nothing based on past behavior. No on ‘turned the tables’ on him, but instead everyone has wished him well.

Personally I would have hoped that this life lesson would have taught him some amount of empathy - that is typically how right-wingers work, having no sympathy or empathy until something impacts them personally - but no, alas he came here and demonstrated that he is a supported of police brutality and murder of unarmed civilians.

But while he continues to wish misfortune and death on others based on skin color, I will not do that - sure he is a troll, but he is a human being and member of our community. I hope that his life normalizes and he remains safe and healthy. I do also hope he learns empathy ... but I wish that for many people.

What he posted made plenty of sense.
No it doesn't.
It's 4chan level of bullshit.

I think most people can get what he was saying. If you can't, then you're probably one of the types he was parodying, so you wouldn't appreciate it anyway.
I'm appreciating it just right, and it's nonsense.

While I often didn't agree with his gaming tastes, Couch posted news on this site for years, and still does bring news in some threads.
Doesn't change the fact that he also likes to troll.

Calling him a troll is disrespectful, it's not like you've contributed anything special to the site other than calling people names pretty frequently.
I don't really give a shit if you can "appreciate" my style or not, honey.

I don't really give a shit if you can "appreciate" my style or not, honey.
Right...the obnoxious, aggressive asshole style? I can appreciate it in the right person, but you're just not anywhere near eloquent or interesting enough. Sorry, sweetcheeks.

I disagree, I think that I'm fine and that your butt hurts.

Also, you shouldn't call me an asshole.
Last time I did that here, I got my comment removed and a warning ;)

Oh, of course you disagree. And yeah, I'm not entirely sure if that kind of language flies here these days but all anyone needs to do is look at your earlier posts in this thread and they'll know who started the name calling. Same as it usually goes when you're involved.

Back
Top Bottom