BG3: Your race/class?

I was just reading about this class: Gloom Stalker Ranger ... and it sounds really cool ... there are so many options it will be hard to stay focused :)

I've read many articles this week claiming you should play as a warlock. I used to love this class in NWN2. Especially the hellfire subclass. Might have to try it.:unsure:

Sounds perfect to match with that announced dark origin.

Yea Warlock is high on my list. Funny you mention NWN2 as was my favorite class for that game.

Hmm. According to Fextralife, you can change your class and those of your companions; the only thing you can't change is the race.
For a whopping 100 gold. :rolleyes:

And it sounds like there's no limit to how many times you can do it. I know I can just ignore it, but I still think it's ridiculously stupid that they're allowing that.

"Oh hey, I think I'll have Gale be a wizard for this mission but a thief for the next mission and then a fighter for the one after that!"

For a whopping 100 gold. :rolleyes:

And it sounds like there's no limit to how many times you can do it. I know I can just ignore it, but I still think it's ridiculously stupid that they're allowing that.

"Oh hey, I think I'll have Gale be a wizard for this mission but a thief for the next mission and then a fighter for the one after that!"
Yes, I thought it would come as a disappointment to players who don't like the feature. You can't even kill the respec NPC, and he's in the camp (I remember freeing him in the EA). And the way Fextralife explained it made it feel exactly how you put it.

I don't remember if 100 g is a high price. I hope it increases with the level, at least.

Also, it allows to choose your class if you play an Origin - at a price - but it will feel strange and apparently remove a part of the Origin dialogues, so it doesn't make sense to do that.

Bottom line, I only see that feature as a last resort when a very bad choice would ruin the game and require tens of hours of replay to fix it, or as a way of experimenting with classes / multiclassing at a higher level without the need of playing 50-100 hours to get there (for example, to sketch a plan for another run).

Well that is disappointing then, especially that they are in the camp. If someone makes a mod that lets you remove them I plan on using it. They should have placed them somewhere out of the way, like that old lady in the swamp.

If enough people are annoyed by this, there'll surely be a mod. Or a mod that makes it an entire quest to allow and justify the change, but that's wishful thinking.

At least you have to find and free the NPC first, but apparently if you don't, he'll join the camp later anyway. I'll be curious to see how they wrapped that in the game.

Fextralife has a wiki for the classes that might give you a better idea about the subclasses.

I've mostly been using https://5e.tools/classes.html#fighter_phb,state:sub-champion-phb=b1 as a reference but it's aimed at tabletop and BG3 has a lot of homebrew rules so I'm not sure how useful it is.

For example, a good example, BG3 won't have a Hexblade Warlock, which seems to be very popular for a multi-class dip, but it will incorporate the CHA based attack and damage rolls into "Pact of the Blade", which should also have the "Thristing Blade" incantation as they've mentioned 'lock gets an extra attack.

I actually only recently learned that "Extra Attack" from classes doesn't stack and only Fighter gets more than one extra attack so Warlocks and Bards (Sword or Valour only. Lore gets extra cross-class spells.) actually make pretty decent melee characters.

I think CHA is definitely where it's at for 5E multiclassing. Warlock, Bard, Sorcerer, Paladin: so many good options.

My first playthrough will be with the default origins, but i wont start it until they update the party mod so i can use more than 4 in a team.

My first playthrough will be with the default origins, but i wont start it until they update the party mod so i can use more than 4 in a team.
Why? I get that it kind of sucks that we're limited to a 4-member party, but modding in more members is only going to throw the balance off.

Why? I get that it kind of sucks that we're limited to a 4-member party, but modding in more members is only going to throw the balance off.
I am not really interested in the combat, I will be playing on story mode anyway or the easiest whatever is called. The game seems to be way too long so my replay will probably be in 2 or 3 years maybe, i want to get as much content as possible in the first playthrough. Having all origins in the party at the same time like in modded D:OS games, will decrease chances of missing content. But I am wondering what they mean when they say at the end of the first act, we will have to choose companions.

Wood Elf Druid, Circle of the Land.

Only difficulty for me is deciding on an appearance.

I haven't seen that stated anywhere. I'm pretty sure I read that it's not like D:OS 2 in that way.
No idea what this means
Yes, at the start of your adventure your recruited companions will be at camp when not in the adventuring party, and can be swapped in and out at camp. Just like friends in real life! After the first act however you are going to have to commit, also just like in real life.

Back
Top Bottom