PC gaming's future

Personally i only have hope in indy developers and a couple of European companies like Paradox and Egosoft .
Ascaron went mainstream and got bankrupt following the fashion of draconian DRM plus some really really bad releases ( darkstar one , port royal that fails to start in most machines and the boring failure called "sacred 2")

I think all of them ( plus people like CDProject red and the Russians/Hrvatski) must focus on the European market releasing adult games ( adult in Europe does not mean "sexual") with depth and extended gameplay even if it comes with a cost in graphics .
The American audience is mostly kids without their own money going after FPS kind of crap , graphics , sounds , big guns and "WTF PWNGE" while the Japanese crowd has it's own strange gaming culture, trying to appeal to them guarantees FAIL .

Personally, I'd say that it is far too early to call Sacred 2 a "boring failure", because the game is out only for a few months or even only weeks now.

I'd like to know how their console sales might go ...

Erm, release date for PC was November 2008 , if i remember it right Sacred 1 already had 1 expansion after 7 months and received very good reviews .

Dunno if you have played it but the characters are very unbalanced , you have to kill thousands of critters to go anywhere and melee characters have to chase ranged/magic NPCs around.

Personally, I enjoy S2. Regarding fighting numerous critters, I don't find it that much different from S1.

And fwiw: S1 has an average score of 73% on Metacritic (77% for Sacred Plus), while S2 scores 71%. Not much difference in other words.

Back
Top Bottom