Some folks calling out Chris Avellone for 'alleged' sexual abuse

Well he apologized on Twitter. So does that make him guilty then? Anyway cant really care about a guy I never meet, but like playing his games. All that matters really.

By the way the whole Twitter discussion.

Link -https://twitter.com/SJBsMama/status/127417539733741158

She accuses Avellone and a few others of getting her drunk at a convention and trying to rape her. Serious accusations if true that could destroy his image & career.
I witnessed, and experienced, his behavior firsthand. He got me blackout drunk on Midori Sours (on the company dime). He and two friends somehow got me back to my room, where he pounced in front of the other guys. They left after a few moments (also drunk), and one of them told me what he had witnessed the next evening. I had very vague impressions that someone had made out with me when I woke up that morning, but thought it was a dream. When I asked Chris about it, he told me that I had eventually refused him. When more of the night came back to me, I realized the ONLY reason I was able to refuse him in my blackout stupor was because I was on my period that weekend. The ONLY reason.
Also a developer working on BloodLines 2 spoke out.
Erik Waananen @ewaananen

I get physically sick any time I join a new project and see his name pop up on some comment he left behind while "consulting." I believe you, I know what he's done, and he's long overdue for more than just a "convention ban."

I know nothing about the man, and I'd need more than that to condemn him. Can't say I've thought much of his various ramblings that I've seen.

These conventions are always pits of sleaze, though. I have a friend that works in events management, and they've run some of these. I went along to one once. A bunch of sozzled minor celebrities obnoxiously lording it, and taking full advantage. :puke:

People got drunk and then shit happened. Or was avoided? Or was nothing like that, but memory slipped.
Sorry, all sorts of stuff happened to me too while I was drinking with some people for the first time not knowing them, but there was no way ever I'd get drunk with a bunch of people who I never saw drunk before. There was always someone I could trust with me - and I'm not female. She is.
Whoever thinks all drunkards behave rationally, I have no idea what world they're living in. I do love and hug everyone when almost under the table, but some people get aggressive (especially if drunk and hungry at the same time) and then… Problems.

I'm not making an excuse for any kind of possibly disgusting behavior from CA's side, everyone who gets nasty when drunk knows thay lose control and they all need to stop drinking. As none of them is 13 or 14 yrs old kid.

At the same time I have no compassion for anyone who knows risks and still went into it asking for trouble. Sorry mam, next time either refuse drinking with people you don't know what will happen when they loosen up or don't swim alone.
I mean, look at this statement:
I rarely ever drink, that was my second convention ever, and he was buying them so quickly it all hit me at once. I can count the number of times I’ve been tipsy or worse on one hand, and anybody who’s known me for years will tell you the same. Oh & also alcohol isn’t an excuse.
Girl, learn to say "no more drinks, I won't drink any new ones" before it's too late. You (allegedly) experienced bad stuff with CA, if you continue with such risk, next time it'll happen with someone else.

Last edited:
We should all be very careful with accusations simply shot into the ether of the Internet.

For once (?) I agree with Joxer. People need to accept responsibility for their own actions. No-one FORCED anyone to get 'blackout drunk'. If you do so with total strangers, then there may well be unpleasant consequences. 2 people both voluntarily drunk are equally at fault and that doesn't excuse the actions of either one.

It's funny how people he went from a 'creep' to a total 'rapist' in about 24 hrs. The mob is getting armed for canceling him out.

It's funny how people he went from a 'creep' to a total 'rapist' in about 24 hrs. The mob is getting armed for canceling him out.
Yep I mentioned this before on this forum and was laughed at. All it takes is someone posting something against you, and lol and behold the mob comes after you.

Usually the person criticized or blamed is fired and publicly shamed forever.
For once (?) I agree with Joxer. People need to accept responsibility for their own actions. No-one FORCED anyone to get 'blackout drunk'. If you do so with total strangers, then there may well be unpleasant consequences. 2 people both voluntarily drunk are equally at fault and that doesn't excuse the actions of either one.
This scenario has been happening ever since my great grandfather was a teenager.

The problem nowadays is rules have changed, and the woman can claim you raped her even though everyone was drunk. Remember my good man no mean no.

I always thought his writing was hackneyed, anyway. :p

Says a lot about how deep this kind of "culture" of behaviour towards women - and how to see them in general - is rooted in men's "society".

As long as this kind of "manlihood culture" isn't changed, things like this will happen.
#
But - this "manlihood culture" is also a culture of power, of might, of force, and those who don't want to lose all of this will put severe oppression on everyone who is not complying to this kind of culture. Especially those who want to build of a different culture among men, and I mean with that men who are different - which includes a different approach towards women.

But as long as softer, more diplomatic, more empathic men are not wanted ( by both men & women ! ), this culture of sexual brutality and indifference will endure.

(Whereas I fear that this new fashion of masculinity is a direct opposition movement against the women's emancipation movement.
It is often based on the belief that women do not want soft men, but instead hard and gross men. )

To me the key point is whether any of this is proven to rise to the level of criminality. If we're talking about people getting drunk with fans and going back to a hotel room, then the number of pop stars that must be pilloried is, at a rough estimate, all of them.

I don't really disagree with anything anyone's said in this thread. I don't defend rapists. I also find the act reprehensible. I won't defend AvalIone, as I have no idea whether he actually did it. It's entirely possible he did. Scenarios like Ripper described are all too common. But I also don't know that ne did do it. These cases are always tricky, and the Web just makes it worse. Women should exercise caution, because men are indeed more dangerous.

The fact is, these cases delve into an uncomfortable area most people don't want to look at honestly: the nature of man, males in particular. The uncomfortable reality is, when folks are helpless -- be they women, children or even men in a setting such as prison -- guys start wanting to stick their dicks in them. Another one is folks, including children, do indeed make false accusations about this crime far more than others. It's a tricky situation.

What are you talking about, what rape, what wear and what dinner.
If I could understand it correctly, the woman got drunk so much she couldn't remember what happened the night before, then discovered when she said no to CA nothing happened and he backed off.

Being drunk does not justify anything.
I was saying getting yourself drunk with someone you don't know is a risk you can avoid and you should avoid. In this case it was allegedly a case of sexual harassment or something like that, but you're not taking even worse scenarios where it could have ended as a physical assault resulting in getting crippled for life or even a murder.

Again, because I seem to be unclear on this, if you're getting wasted, always make sure there is someone around watching your back.
Normally, you wouldn't enter a cage with tigers alone, right? So why do you think nothing bad will ever happen if you're getting yourself drunk alone among sharks? Noone is that lucky.

Also wrote above, I'm not making excuses for CA. If he raped anyone, drunk or not, he should be in jail. Why he isn't? He's was never as powerful as Weinstein or Epstein to silence victims.
And what's with some don't invite him anymore crap? If he did some misdeed then the solution is not lack of future invitations to prevent him getting drunk but reporting misbehavior to the authorities.
The uncomfortable reality is, when folks are helpless -- be they women, children or even men in a setting such as prison -- guys start wanting to stick their dicks in them.
Not all guys are like that, sorry. :)
Among those that are, there is only a minority that can't control themselves. Till they learn, their place is in prison, hopefully among their kind to experience exactly what their victims had to suffer through.

To me, it all hinges on the idea that, “he got me blind drunk”, and then took advantage. If it’s a matter of alcohol consumed voluntarily by all parties, how can we be sure that it was a calculated, predatory act, and not just people getting drunk together, and drunkenly doing things that one or both parties later regret?

If he’d slipped someone a rufie and sexually assaulted them while semi-conscious, then it’s off to jail, and good riddance. And alcohol can be used that way too – if there was evidence, like a barman saying, “He kept asking me to put an extra triple shot in the cocktails he was giving that person,” then we’ve got a case for a predatory attempt at incapacitation. But, if it’s everyone getting drunk voluntarily, I think we have to give them “innocent until proven guilty” on whether it was a predatory act, or a mutual endeavor.

Not all guys are like that, sorry. :)

Well, no shit, Joxer. I'm speaking in generalities. If you're just trying to declare yourself not to be a rapist, well, neither am I. But the fact remains, males are the real perpetrators of this crime.

Well, no shit, Joxer. I'm speaking in generalities. If you're just trying to declare yourself not to be a rapist, well, neither am I. But the fact remains, males are the real perpetrators of this crime.

You are entirely incorrect.

I spent many years attending one specific gay nightclub in my town, approximately 4 years. I was openly bisexual and attracted attention from both males and females. I received enough attention that I never felt the need to be predatory myself as a routine. I enjoyed the attention of people predatorising me and I very occasionally tried to predatorise someone else, but with very little success on the one or two occasions.

What do we mean by 'predatorisation'? It means actively trying to seduce someone who hasn't previously shown any interest in you. Essentially, it's a cunts-eye version of the word seduce.

And you know what…

The scariest encounters I ever had were from women. And I ain't bullshitting. Even bald men the size of barns were like cherubs in my company. Even if I took them back to my place, they behaved like they were walking on glass the whole time.

My scariest moment? One that still lives with me today as one moment where I came very close to calling the police? A group of lesbians came onto the dance floor, many of whom I had never ever seen before. And they started to grope me. Violently. Grinning and laughing the whole time. The more I repelled them the more they came on harder.

Never once did I experience that with any men. Zero.

And the comparison of the human nature doesn't end there. As I said, when I went home with guys I never once felt threatened or like I was 'out of my depth', however, whenever I went back to a woman's place, it was like a different universe.

Very often you'd get back to the woman's place and you'd chat for a bit and then she'd suggest it was time for bed. As with the old Lennon song "And then I noticed there wasn't a chair", e.g. The only place to sit was the bed. So I'd often find myself 'in bed' with girls.

However, when one is 'in bed' with a guy, it's normally the guys who start any sexual activity. You could almost say it's a mutual situation. That clothes are normally off quite quickly before you've even settled down. However, with girls, they almost universally all hesitate to 'make the first move'.

Even though you've been chatting all night, getting drunk together, and then having them take you back to their place, not from pressure but just as a result of natural conversation, to a home that is just a bed in a room, even though it's fairly obvious why the two of us are in this situation… the woman will not attempt to make the first move nor make any attempt at 'mutual expectation'.

And this might just be an English thing, or maybe just a northern European thing, or it might just be a woman thing, but the male, in this scenario, still has to 'act predatorily', has to 'continue to seduce' even though the obvious preamble has seemingly already be achieved.

And, again, it's fucking scary. I remember one specific woman who invited me into her bed and then just lay there. Like a dead body. With a look on her face like she'd already been raped. I'm about as turned on as a broken television set. Am I supposed to be turning her on? Even though it was her who stole me away from someone else? Am I supposed to 'go at her', even though I am receiving no mutuality signals?

Am I setting myself up for a 'he raped me gag'?

Why have we even got ourselves in a position as a society where people even have to think about this kind of stuff.

Anyway, scared the shit out of me, and that woman got no sex that night and we never 'met-up' again. I felt like a failed man but I might just have saved myself 'drama', but even then, nowadays, jeez, she could just say "He groped me for a bit" in that situation and WHAMO, goodbye career.

It's insane.

I could go on.

I'm also not saying that there weren't shit blokes around during those years. But I am saying that I managed to never get myself in a situation with them… Even though they might be… right there in front of me predatorising me. [trying to seduce me]. Because, you know, we kinda decide if we'll ever sleep with someone pretty much instantly when we first see them anyway… and so all the signals get sent subconsciously long before 'anything even happens' anyway.

Back
Top Bottom