Some folks calling out Chris Avellone for 'alleged' sexual abuse

Some more appalling news from the UK legal system:

Police and CPS scrap digital data extraction forms for rape cases
Exclusive:

case of two complainants funded by Equality and Human Rights Commission forces U-turn.

The CPS and police have been forced to scrap controversial “digital strip searches” of rape complainants, following a legal threat from two survivors of sexual abuse and sustained campaigning from privacy and human rights groups.

Little more than a year after a new policy around the disclosure of private information was introduced, the police and CPS have made a major U-turn and will withdraw digital data extraction consent forms from operation.

Funded by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, the Centre for Women’s Justice took on the case of two complainants who argued that the forms – which required them to divulge all their mobile phone data – were unlawful, discriminatory and intrusive.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...scrap-digital-data-extraction-forms-for-cases

Yes indeed, how DARE the police RAPE someone's digital data in order to uncover EVIDENCE that MAY be used against those accusing others of a very serious crime! Why, the whole notion is clearly a Human Rights issue, I mean, like, fuck those guys who turned out to be innocent, right?

Harriet Wistrich, director of CWJ welcomed the withdrawal of the forms but said they should never have been used. “Their effect has been to delay rape cases and deter many victims from coming forward or continuing with their cases,” she said.

Because we aren't already overloaded beyond capacity with regards to rape allegations, it must be our solemn duty to ensure MORE and MORE people are THOROUGHLY ENCOURAGED to file for rape in ever larger numbers!!!! Because 60,000 a year simply isn't ENOUGH, we MUST HAVE MORE!!!!

Didn't watch it but give credit to RPGCodex.:)

An in-depth exoneration of Chris Avellone

Join me for the deepest dive into the subject so far, gaining the kind of detailed information you always gain from a proper investigation.

Didn't watch it but give credit to RPGCodex.:)
I don't have 45 minutes worth of interest, either. But if we haven't watched it, what are we giving credit for?

I don't have 45 minutes worth of interest, either. But if we haven't watched it, what are we giving credit for?
Found the video on the codex so they got credit. Good enough for ya.;)

Probably one of their members as well as they love Avallone.

If this video is accurate, it does punch significant holes in 2 of the accusers' accounts of what transpired between them and Avellone. By looking at the vast amount of tweets that the 2 accusers seems to post like on an almost minute based interval, we get the picture that everything was all fine and dandy between them and Avellone, before and after his alleged transgressions. And only years later did they change the tone and start the accusations.

You can fast-forward to ca. 39:05 for the video's conclusion.

I would say that based on this evidence, I really doubt whether Avellone did any sexual assaults and for lack of evidence of any wrongdoing I consider him exonerated. At least until any contradicting evidence is presented before me.

On a personal note, I'm not some MGTOW type or anything like that, I consider myself to be some sort of SJW feminist, if my personal biases are to be mentioned.

Last edited:
By looking at the vast amount of tweets that the 2 accusers seems to post like on an almost minute based interval

<shudders> Thank you for the mercifully concise summary! :p

For me, he already had the benefit of the doubt. I'd need to see him at least charged, or a very clear pattern of multiple accusers, before treating him with suspicion.

Last edited:
Seems the saga is still not over. :biggrin:

According to Avellone, on June 18, 2020, Barrows replied to a Twitter post from gaming website IGN promoting an interview with Avellone, which included his full name and photograph. In her post she called him a "sexual predator" and accused him of "preying on young women," and "getting them drunk & taking them to hotel rooms," along with other unprofessional behavior. She also claimed that he had misappropriated company funds and that he had been blacklisted from industry conventions.

She made further posts in the same vein through June 20, which went viral. Avellone adds that Barrows deleted all her posts that were complimentary towards him, including one that said she had never been abused or harassed at gaming conventions.
Avellone alleges numerous gaming studios that he worked with terminated his contracts as a result of the viral messages. He claims Barrows made allegations that she knew were false to hurt his reputation and damage his career. Avellone adds that Barrows' actions have inflicted severe emotional distress on him.

Avellone is seeking damages in excess of $75,000 plus court costs, attorney fees and any other relief the court deems proper. He also demands injunctive action requiring Barrows to retract all false and defamatory statements. He is represented in this case by attorneys with Palmersheim, Mathew, LLP in Chicago.

Looks like Avellone won big. Settled out of court, but a "seven figure payment" is mentioned and the women have fully retracted their claims.

I wonder how much of that money he'll ever actually get though. Where is it going to come from? I didn't get the impression that those women were millionaires.

And the way they retracted their statements...I wonder if some money didn't go the other direction. ;)

Yeah, that was primarily Avellone's baby. Sure, other people had input, but you can't really equate that to every other person who worked on it automatically has pristine pedigree.
Speaking of Avellone has he recovered from the slander? My vague recollection is the people who accused him of sexual misconduct lied and it was settled in court but perhaps my memory is well vague as I'm older now then i was when it started.

Back
Top Bottom