The Congress Elections 2022

In many ways Ron Desantis is worse than Trump. I mean look at the petty political pay back we are seeing in Florida. It is enough to publically state you disagree with one of his policies for him to 'sick' the govt on you. He did this to Disney, Tampa Bay (who cares about sport teams), school districts and more. While I'm not a fan of some of the policies both sides have pushed in regards to Trans and others - i'm even less of a fan using the weight of the Govt to suppress free speech.

I'm not a fan of Desantis, but I actually like the "anti-woke" bill he passed. I don't think little kids need to be hearing about trans stuff in school and being told they can choose their gender.

Other than that though, I agree he's mostly just a dipshit bully.

I'll throw one out, too. I haven't looked into the details, largely because DeSantis disgusts me, and the devil is often in the details -- such as bullshit vigilante enforcement, so process can be all-important -- but I also don't think minors, nor their parents, should decide upon sex-change surgery, before the age of 18. He's a smart, well-educated man who just pretends to be a dumbass for the voters and his own personal gain, which is so much worse.

I'm not aware if there are medical reasons for sex changes et all. I've mostly ignored the topic; unless peer reviewed medical research indicate otherwise (not some random quack) that sex changes should be taken place before puberty (or even after puberty); then I think it is a mistake. Having said that I'm not sure it is horrible for kids to be aware of the existence of trans; that is a bit different than saying a huge amount of time should be spent on the topic or it should be explored in details but I certainly wouldn't find it criminal if the topic came up during discussion one afternoon; esp since the topic is flooding the airways.
-
Beyond that i can't really comment as I simply do not have ample information on the topic. I think my first real exposure to the existence of Trans was when I was an adult and saw the movie Crying Game. So i guess i'm a bit naive on the topic.

I think Desantis is pretty awful but I'd still take him a million times over Trump. DeSantis would take the country in a direction I'm very unhappy with, and it's true that he might do so much more effectively than Trump ever did. But he also would be much less likely to intentionally destroy the country over petty grudges. My concerns about a Trump presidency go way beyond disagreeing with his politics.

And by that same logic, it'd be better to have a Democrat, whoever that might be, despite what we might think about hot-button social issues. After all, what we think won't matter at all, if our vote doesn't matter. DeSantis' record on voting rights is poor and the Republican machine is out of control, so I wouldn't concede defeat just yet.

Well I definitely wouldn't vote for DeSantis, I'd just be much less horrified by him then Trump. But yeah I may have given up on the 2022 elections, but I haven't given up on 2024. Even with Trump it was a close battle (which saddens me greatly).

This year is the important election. The winners set the rules, and the Republicans are already cheating.

They cheat the most and then whine that they were cheated when their cheating fail to allow them to win.

This year is the important election. The winners set the rules, and the Republicans are already cheating.

I'll parrot dteowner "we'll be able to hang a "Not Biden" sign on a houseplant and win". So my fellow republicans don't vote Trump again. It'll be a win for democrats easily.

Just as long as Biden doesn't get another term I'm happy.

They cheat the most and then whine that they were cheated when their cheating fail to allow them to win.

Don't give me that bull-crap Democrat politicians play the same game just with a different playbook. In the end they are no better then Republicans just project a better image.

Pardon the expression they think their own shit doesn't stink but it does.

The state I live in, Florida, is straight-up bonkers with elected officials, and it's had that reputation for decades. I don't see that ever changing, love most of the people that live here yet we've some serious issues.

Don't give me that bull-crap Democrat politicians play the same game just with a different playbook. In the end they are no better then Republicans just project a better image.

Pardon the expression they think their own shit doesn't stink but it does.

Last I looked, the Dems hadn't tried a violent overthrow of our government (Ha, imagine that.), nor have they passed laws at the state level that would allow corrupted politicians to overthrown the will ofbthe people with whatever bullshit reason they care to dream up.

Last I looked, the Dems hadn't tried a violent overthrow of our government (Ha, imagine that.)
Now there's an amusing comment.

If you're referring to Jan 6, as I assume you are, there may have been some violence (as there usually is at any riot, which is why they call them riots), but nobody there was armed except the cops. The notion that a bunch of unarmed protesters tried to "violently overthrow" our government is laughable exaggeration, and is merely a partisan political narrative, nothing more.

Meanwhile, the Democratic Party, specifically its Southern wing, is the only force in the history of our country that's pulled off an ACTUAL violent overthrow of our government - a fairly well-known set of events from the early 1860s.

I mean a large group of people stormed a goverment building in an attempt to prevent the peaceful transition of power. In the process of doing so they murdered police and attempted to kill politicians who they did not agree with. The only thing laughable is anyone trying to downplay that. That alone makes it impossible to take you seriously.

In the process of doing so they murdered police
No, that's just wrong. Not a single cop was killed that day. There's no proof that any died later from anything that happened on that day, either.

In fact, the only person killed that day was an unarmed protester shot to death by the police. Something that people were very angry about the previous year, when the unarmed people who got shot were of a different race.

attempted to kill politicians who they did not agree with. The only thing laughable is anyone trying to downplay that. That alone makes it impossible to take you seriously.
There's no proof that anyone was seriously trying to kill any politicians either. This is a country where anyone who wants a gun can get one, as we all know. If a bunch of people planned on killing people, why did none of them bring weapons? Your claims are laughable.

I'm not sure we need to fear Trump running in 2024. I'll be surprised if he does tbh. He'll be 77 by then (slightly older than Biden was in 2020), and one of the biggest knocks against Biden is his age.

I wouldn't say the knock on Biden is his age per se, it's just that he acts and sounds like he's quite senile. Trump doesn't have that issue. I think Trump gets the nomination, if he runs. Personally I'd rather see DeSantis.

Idk. I wouldn't bet on Trump getting the nomination if he runs (though it wouldn't shock me either). He's not as popular among Republicans as he used to be.

I'm more curious about who the Democrats can come up with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, just how pathetic is your country when the people you are putting forth as potential leaders, Presidents are all so incredibly hopeless!!! I like America in many ways and I have many American friends, but I just can't understand why your so called leading politicians are so bad!! Your whole system reeks of needing a complete overhaul. You're one of the wealthiest nations in the world with a massive population of diverse and highly intelligent people and at your last election the best you could offer was Biden and Trump and it doesn't appear that the next one will see any improvement!! Come on America, you're better than that!!!!

Back
Top Bottom