Things you might like to know.

Walmart, and some other stores as well, are considering cutting back on self-checkout lanes due to the amount of retail theft. So, if it actually happens, people can thank the idiots who were helping themselves to a little extra.

The new Alone in the Dark was released today.

It's apparently a reimagining of the original game. I hadn't heard of it until today.

The new Alone in the Dark was released today.

It's apparently a reimagining of the original game. I hadn't heard of it until today.
I was a bit interested in this, I didn't finish it (or the 7th Guest) back in the day. I rediscovered my box sets a few years ago and sold them. I think the price is steep though for what would just be a nostaglia trip without enough active input to keep me engaged. Maybe when it's on a significant discount.

The next Resident Evil and Monster Hunter games might be open world.

An open world RE could be interesting, but I think it would be pretty hard to pull that off while still keeping its survival-horror roots.

If you've ever jokingly wondered if your search or viewing history is going to "put you on some kind of list," your concern may be more than warranted.

pibbuR whose interest in music are objectively sound (prog rock, heavy metal), but who admits that he has occasionally watched Britney Spears videos

Holy moly, I couldn't count the number of times I traversed that bridge back in the eighties, nineties and early twenty-first years, I'm glad nothing like that ever happened while I was making use of it. I hope they fully repair the Francis Scott Key bridge soon.

There are going to be some serious inquiries into what they were doing on that ship that this could happen. Good thing it was during the night and there weren't many people on the bridge at the time. Still 6 people missing though.

Play with moderation.

[...]
Most of the participants (80%) played games daily, with a significant portion engaging in prolonged sessions weekly or daily. Specifically, 27.5% played for three or more hours per session weekly, while 16.2% did so daily. For sessions lasting six or more hours, 19.2% engaged weekly, and 9% daily. In addition, 17.9% of participants were classified with an internet gaming disorder over the past year, and 21.7% aspired to become professional players.

A significant proportion of participants reported physical problems directly attributed to their gaming habits. Eye fatigue was reported by 46.1% of participants, hand or wrist pain by 45.4%, and back or neck pain by 52.1%. These issues were not confined to a specific age group or gender.

The researchers found a dose-response relationship between the frequency of prolonged gaming sessions and the likelihood of reporting physical symptoms. Specifically, individuals who more often engaged in gaming sessions lasting three hours or more exhibited a higher propensity to report physical problems.

“The main takeaway is that three hours of continuous video game playing may be enough to increase someone’s risk of experiencing symptoms of physical harm,” Stjepanović told PsyPost. “This could be back pain, eye strain, hand or wrist pain or other physical conditions. The effect of video game play on physical harm is an area that hasn’t received much research attention, so we didn’t know what to expect going into this study. It was surprising to us that we saw the increased risk of harm at just three hours of continuous play.”
[...]
Now, I'm waiting for the study revealing that more than 3 hours of programming can lead to physical problems. ;)

My laptop isn't able to be updated to Win 11 (I tried), so what happens there? I see 'fights' ahead!!

Back
Top Bottom