Things you might like to know.

Better update to Win 11 next year or you will have to pay for updates.
They're trying to pull off the same stunt they did with Win7. They said the same, obviously targeting companies, then they continued to provide security updates to everyone years later anyway (as always).

I'm not worried yet.

I'm not worried yet.
I was worried in 1995 when I saw how much worse DOOM 95 ran compared to DOS.

Might as well upgrade to 11, though. It's cool! It scans your hard drives and uploads what files you have to MS so they can train AI on it, somehow. WOW! I can't believe it's free!

Is that a men thing? I though it was more a question of temperament and circumstances.

That being said, I rarely do something special for the occasion.
If I could help it I wouldn't even care. Haven't celebrated myself since I was in high-school.
Anything else is just other people wanting to do something for me. It's more of an opportunity to visit parents and other close ones.

I posted the above more for the hilariously cynical joke, which I think a lot of us kinda feel sometimes.

Same with me I'm never excited for my birthday or any party really.

Then again I've been called a cynical bastard.:rotfl:

Last edited:
Sl6rCzc.png

gone are the days of the 100$ ultimate edition

August 30th? Color me surprised. I was expecting it to be much later than that.

I can't say I'm too surprised by the prices though. With the base price for many AAA games going to $70, the higher editions are going to increase too. The Ultimate Edition in this case doesn't seem like a very good deal.

August 30th? Color me surprised. I was expecting it to be much later than that.

I can't say I'm too surprised by the prices though. With the base price for many AAA games going to $70, the higher editions are going to increase too. The Ultimate Edition in this case doesn't seem like a very good deal.
Interesting, I didn't notice that the season pass was only tied to the 110 dollar version. Then that's not as outrageous. But, slippery slope. Two steps forward and one step back.

Interesting, I didn't notice that the season pass was only tied to the 110 dollar version. Then that's not as outrageous. But, slippery slope. Two steps forward and one step back.
I assume the Ultimate Edition also contains everything from the Gold Edition. I can't imagine they're charging that much for it and not including the season pass.

I assume the Ultimate Edition also contains everything from the Gold Edition. I can't imagine they're charging that much for it and not including the season pass.
Yeah, it's definitely included, as the twitter post says. I meant the pass is included starting with the gold edition's pricing, but worded it wrongly.

Don't worry someone will always defend high game prices. I've seen it here many times. Ubishit will probably use some type of buzzwords to justify raising prices.

You can even pay to play it three days early. :rotfl:

That's why our captains of industry make the big bucks :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
God damn how fuckin' stupid do you have to be, to waste another talented studio for developing more battleshit content.
God damn.
Money that's the reason. Those games can be crap and still sell 10 million copies.

Don't worry someone will always defend high game prices. I've seen it here many times. Ubishit will probably use some type of buzzwords to justify raising prices.

You can even pay to play it three days early. :rotfl:
I'm fine with prices catching up to be somewhat realigned, since I'm of the opinion that they've actually become cheaper, but it's interesting to see the ways they find to sell more expensive packages, now that retailers are out of the equation. The pass was a classic, and an extra fee to play a little earlier seems to be a new catchy trend. It's like the equivalent of premières for films, except anyone can openly pay for the 'advantage' (and films are not more bugged at the première than at launch).

I can't wait to hear their completely reasonable expectations of how much it was supposed to sell.
So I guess it's safe to start playing these.
Dead Space really didn't need a remake tbh. Those games aren't that old, and I suspect that's why it didn't sell as much as they wanted. It's still disappointing news though because it makes me think the IP is probably dead now as far as any new titles.

Dead Space really didn't need a remake tbh. Those games aren't that old, and I suspect that's why it didn't sell as much as they wanted. It's still disappointing news though because it makes me think the IP is probably dead now as far as any new titles.
I've only gotten around 5-10h into the original Dead Space and maybe 1h into the remake, and I disagree. Just the graphics alone is reason for me to want remakes for the rest of them.
I think it's gonna be a bit jarring going from the remake to DS2. I'll adapt for sure, and it won't be a biggy. But I would've loved to see them all as awesome-looking as the remake.

Plus I also remember that I constantly have issues with the cursor in the original game. And I know that sometimes the recommended fixes make it go away. But other times they're more ornery.

And I hear they made the remake more of a single interconnected gameworld, with no loading between the areas. I'm not sure I remember how the transitions were in the original Dead Space, but I remember hearing from a few places that the remake also built the "inbetween" areas and also add more content. That's the sort of stuff I like to hear.

Back
Top Bottom