BG3 BG3 General Talk

Baldur's gate 3
And it gets instantly transported to your camp? That's kind of lame imo.

I get that Larian wanted to make things convenient for the player, but I don't like stuff like that unless there's a logical in-game explanation for it.
A chest is no different to any other item in the game i.e. you can put it in a characters inventory. Do you just dislike the whole "Send to camp" mechanic? I think it just removes busy work, i.e. filling up your bags and taking stuff you want to keep back to camp. For instance, all the magic items I wanted to keep but can't use currently I send to camp automatically.

It's definitely not very realistic, but I think it's an acceptable convenience, and it's been in some other games. What I find stranger is the ability to teleport your party to a campsite or a world travel point at almost any time you want...

A chest is no different to any other item in the game i.e. you can put it in a characters inventory.
Which is really dumb. I'd rather they had implemented something like a Mark and Recall spell so you could quickly return to specific locations to loot chests you couldn't open previously, etc.

That's a neat trick. :ROFLMAO:

You can even carry barrels or people you killed, so why not a chest, but sending them to camp is another matter. The "Send to camp" system is great to reduce inventory management and pain, even though it's even less realistic. But they should have removed the usage to rations. It's either an overlook or part of the freedom Larian wants to give the player.

The one system I've seen and that was great is Solasta's scavengers system.

It's definitely not very realistic, but I think it's an acceptable convenience, and it's been in some other games. What I find stranger is the ability to teleport your party to a campsite or a world travel point at almost any time you want...
It's fairly permissive, but there are limits. If you're in a "danger area", one in which enemies are hostile, you can't camp. When you can camp, it's cool that you usually don't seem to be teleporting anywhere... there are several different campsites, roughly matching the enviroment you're in. The idea is clearly that you find a somewhat out of the way spot near your location.

It does say it was updated Aug 2023. (Upper right corner)

Idk, maybe it's not actually in the game? Fextralife is usually pretty accurate with their stuff though.
I'll check when I get there, but for now I only have a level-5 mage.

It was updated recently but if you look at the history, most of the text was written at the beginning. Maybe there was a cheat, and maybe the spell was already implemented, I don't know. I just don't see how they could have pulled it off in a game like this. I wouldn't miss it; it allows too much IMO.

For chests you can even right click and choose "Send to camp" so if you have a lockpicker at your camp you can deal with them in the safety of your camp!!!
That doesn't seem to work with all chests though, I just passed one:

1691739881235.png

EDIT: Yes, that loophole definitely seems to have been plugged, maybe in one of the last patches. I couldn't send any chest, crate, or other container that I met. :)

Last edited:
EDIT: Yes, that loophole definitely seems to have been plugged, maybe in one of the last patches. I couldn't send any chest, crate, or other container that I met. :)
Yeah it looks like it!! Must have been snuck into Hotfix 2!

edit: oh shit. Googling it says that lots of people were having issues with items going missing when using "Send To Camp". It's possible that they removed it due to this bug... Also people are saying you can only bring a certain number of items to camp before they start disappearing. I think I might of had that problem on my playthrough too. I remember thinking that I had send way more magical items to my camp than were actually there.

I recommend not using "Send to camp" for awhile because it would suck to lose an item you care about.

Last edited:
edit: oh shit. Googling it says that lots of people were having issues with items going missing when using "Send To Camp". It's possible that they removed it due to this bug... Also people are saying you can only bring a certain number of items to camp before they start disappearing. I think I might of had that problem on my playthrough too. I remember thinking that I had send way more magical items to my camp than were actually there.
One time I had an almost empty reserve, which I found strange. At the time, I thought it was because I was at another camp. But it went back to normal... or perhaps items had disappeared and I just replenished it the day after.

Not that I'm complaining, but the Underdark just goes on and on. The
forge/fortress
area in itself is massive, with tons of exploration and encounters. Act 1 is going to end up taking in the high 30's of hours for me.

forge/fortress
area in itself is massive, with tons of exploration and encounters. Act 1 is going to end up taking in the high 30's of hours for me.
Should take the mountain route it has more story as the Under-dark is basically combat.

You can also do both areas as they affect two companion story-line quests.

Should take the mountain route it has more story as the Under-dark is basically combat.

You can also do both areas as they affect two companion story-line quests.
I'll do it next time. The Underdark isn't all combat, though, unless you attack everyone. Much like the Goblin camp.

forge/fortress
It took me a while, too, but there are interesting discoveries. One encounter in particular got me very worried (if you get 'mines of Moria' vibes, you're not far), but all it takes is good thinking and the reward is well worth it.

You can get back to the act 1 area anytime when you're in act 2, but the quests that are specific to act 1 will be closed so you should complete them first. Encounters in act 2 after the mountain pass won't be much easier than this area though, being level 5 or even 6 is more comfortable.

I'm already at 50 hours for Act1 and I still have the swamp, goblin camp, and underdark left to do.

I'm already at 50 hours for Act1 and I still have the swamp, goblin camp, and underdark left to do.
Still plenty of fun left. I must have been at around 85 hours when I finally started act 2. I've spent some time trying multiple outcomes in some areas, which took me about 30 % more time. The save file indicates 61 hours (so without counting those branchings and reloads).

Now I've just past 100 hours (71 hours without reloads).

I took the scenic route, which is refreshing after spending so much time under the ground. ;)

Tip for those who are still in the Underdark: don't be too eager to consume everything with alchemy; I lost a part of the main quest because of this (not an important one). Keep some timmask spores.

Tip for those who are still in the Underdark: don't be too eager to consume everything with alchemy; I lost a part of the main quest because of this (not an important one). Keep some timmask spores.
Yeah, I may have done this. I knew the second I pushed the "extract all" button, but so far I haven't checked to see if I still have one. It's two ingredients, not just the one you named.

Yeah, I may have done this. I knew the second I pushed the "extract all" button, but so far I haven't checked to see if I still have one. It's two ingredients, not just the one you named.
I know, but the other one doesn't come in 3s so it's less risky. Although I found it somewhere else too.

Who knows, maybe we'll find some later.

Back
Top Bottom